Cob Oven Build Part 3. A summer project for me.
Total cost of the final oven including the roof was less than $200.00. If I hadn't done the rocket engine it would have been less. Although these are not meant at all to be instructional videos, I learned a few things from successes and failures during the project -
- The rocket stove would need to be larger or have more output to be effective. It will not get the oven up to pizza temps and consumes wood much more quickly than a direct burn.
- Use stovepipe or masonry to build a rocket stove if I do another one.
- Baseball field clay/sand mix is super cheap and works very well.
- Boosting the clay using unscented clumping cat litter also worked very well.
- Repair the cracks as they appear with a sand-heavy mix.
Tags: Cob Oven Build Part 3, cob, oven, pizza, bread, permaculture, clay